The Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to OTF or Affiliate members who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics, Technology or Kindergarten.
You must be an active member of OTF or its Affiliates.
You are not eligible to apply for a subsidy if you completed an AQ/ABQ course or undergraduate prerequisite Math course before April 1st, 2014 (the beginning of this program).
You are not eligible to apply for a subsidy if you registered for and completed your course between May 1st, 2015 and January 31st, 2016. Please contact your school board – you should be subsidized through application to the board.
You are eligible for a Math AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if you completed your course between April 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015.
You are eligible to apply for a Math AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if you registered for your course before May 1, 2015 but completed it later.
You are eligible to apply for a Math, Technology (ICT), Kindergarten AQ/ABQ or undergraduate prerequisite Math course subsidy if the course is completed on or after February 1, 2016, regardless of when you registered.
Please note: If you are an OECTA member and applying for a Math AQ/ABQ subsidy, your application must be processed by OECTA. Visit the OECTA website (www.oecta.on.ca).
The subsidized mathematics courses are
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
The subsidized Kindergarten courses are
- Kindergarten, Part 1
- Kindergarten, Part 2
- Kindergarten, Specialist
You may apply for up to three subsidies in any one area: Mathematics, Technology and Kindergarten.
Note that it may be up to eight weeks before you receive your cheque.
Click on FAQs for more information on the programs and subsidies.
Ready to apply? Click on AQ Subsidies.