OTF Connects uses Blackboard Collaborate, an online interactive webinar tool, to provide teachers with great PD at your home computer or on a mobile device. These sessions are small bites of PD that don’t take a chunk out of your schedule.
Please note that live OTF Connects webinars are open only to OTF members. If you are not an OTF member, you are welcome to view the past webinars.
Here’s what you need to know:
- See Calendar for dates, times and topics posted.
- Sessions might pertain to a certain topic, grade level, teaching area….
- Technical support is available if you encounter any difficulty.
- You decide the degree to which you wish to participate.
- A headset with microphone will enable you to participate verbally, but is not essential.
- A chat window keeps everyone conversing and contributing.
- Archives are available for review or for those who could not participate in the live session.
- Resources from each session will be posted on our Resources page.
- An online set-up guide can be found here.
- Sessions will be recorded and made available to Ontario educators. Recordings may be used in whole or part to support professional learning in other situations.
How do I participate in a Blackboard Collaborate session?
- Register for the session you wish to participate in by visiting our Sessions page. Click on the session titles to proceed to the registration page.
- You will receive three reminder emails at the following times: one week and one day prior to your session. Each of these emails will include the participation link and any other necessary information. If you do not receive these emails, please contact us prior to the session.
- You can choose to participate from a computer or from a mobile device.
Computer users: Review the Blackboard Collaborate start-up guide for simple instructions on configuring your system. Please be sure to update your Java at least one hour prior to the session start. A headset is extremely beneficial for good sound quality. A microphone is also useful for full participation.
Mobile device users: Download the free Blackboard Collaborate™ Mobile app specific to your device (Mac iOS or Android). To access the session, click on the Guest Link OR copy and paste the link URL into the app. Please note that the mobile app has limited access to some of the session participation features.