January 13, 2020 to March 22, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Native Studies
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
This series of courses aims to utilize critical pedagogy to explore the multiple facets of teaching and learning in a holistic manner. Developed in collaboration with First Nations, Métis, and Inuit (FNMI) community members, the three courses in this series are intended to recognize and honour the rich cultural history of these groups, in relation to the Canadian educational context. Through blending a FNMI Holistic Education Framework with a student-centred partnership framework and traditional teachings from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities, students will exit these courses with proficient knowledge surrounding best practices for teaching FNMI students.
In Part 1, students will critically explore current professional practices and pedagogies with regards to the traditional knowledge and histories from each of the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit groups.
- Organizer: Lakehead University
- Cost: $650.00. See website for details.
- Location: Online
- Website: https://www.lakeheadu.ca/academics/departments/education/pd
- Contact: Department of Professional Development in Education
- Phone: (807) 343-8178
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org