This summer, OTF, with the support of the Ministry of Education, is offering once again a variety of professional learning events that give you time to learn, reflect on your classroom practice, and collaborate with peers.
These three-day intensive workshops for teachers by teachers will be curriculum based with an additional focus on at least one of the following:
- deepening equity and inclusive education practices;
- encouraging students’ pursuit of non-traditional occupations and vocations;
- exploring 21st Century Learning/global competencies (critical thinking and problem-solving; innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship; learning to learn/self-aware and self-directed learning; collaboration; communication; and global citizenship);
- increasing competency in assessment for learning;
- integrating financial literacy/learning;
- infusing Indigenous perspectives;
- supporting inquiry-focused teaching and learning; and
- harnessing information and communications technologies (ICT) to support learning.
Institutes begin on July 10 and are held at various locations across Ontario.
A registration fee of $50 covers workshop materials, on-site meals and two nights of single accommodation at a university/college residence if requested. Participants may also be eligible for a transportation subsidy. This $50 fee will be reimbursed upon successful completion of a workshop.
To register or for more information, click here.