OTF, with the support of the Ministry of Education, is offering once again a variety of professional learning events that give you time to learn, reflect on your classroom practice, and collaborate with peers.
The focus of the summer institutes is “Supporting Teachers’ Curriculum Implementation.” They are designed to support the Ontario Ministry of Education’s primary focuses on
- activating global competencies;
- deepening equity and inclusive education practices;
- increasing assessment literacy, especially FOR and AS learning;
- leveraging information and communication technologies to support learning;
- responding to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action;
- supporting English language learners;
- supporting experiential learning, including, but not limited to, pathways to non-traditional occupations and vocations;
- supporting inquiry-focused and play-based teaching and learning; and
- integrating financial literacy education and learning.
These three-day institutes, led by Ontario teachers, start in July and run to early August. A registration fee of $50 covers workshop materials, on-site meals and two nights of single accommodation at a university/college residence, if requested. This $50 fee will be reimbursed upon successful completion of an institute. Participants may also be eligible for a transportation subsidy.
Click on Summer Institutes for more information or to register.