The Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), with support from the Ministry of Education, presents this interactive professional learning event.
July 5-6, 2017; Holiday Inn Toronto Airport
A two-day conference for Ontario educators who wish to learn more about teaching and assessing math in a problem-solving classroom. Math educators of all grades will focus on the pedagogical practices that will lead students to thinking and reasoning mathematically as opposed to simply “doing the math.”
Participants will leave with practical examples of how they can effectively apply the ideas and resources to their classroom practice.
Mike Anderson, an Ontario educator and self-proclaimed “math lover”
Dr. Ruth Beatty, the Acting Chair of Education Programs in Orillia for Lakehead University
Breakout sessions for participants to
- share effective practices for teaching in a problem-solving math classroom,
- create useful assessment strategies for, as and of learning,
- explore tech-enabled learning in a mathematics classroom,
- develop mathematical thinking in a Play-Based/Inquiry-Based Classroom, and
- deconstruct the expectations of the Ontario Math Curricula.
Click on Teaching math to register or for more information.