Learning for a Sustainable Future (www.LSF-LST.ca) is hosting a virtual Climate Action Youth Leadership Forum for remote and Indigenous communities across Canada, from March 25 – April 27. The virtual Forum targets Grades 7-12 teachers and students.
Virtual forum highlights
- two professional development sessions for teachers facilitated by experienced climate change educators. Each 90-minute session is designed to equip teachers with resources, tools, strategies, and a network of co-learners based on LSF’s newest resource, Empowering Learners in a Warming World (www.climatelearning.ca),
- one kickoff event for classes featuring a keynote speech from a youth climate leader and activist,
- three expert workshops for classes that provide expertise, knowledge, and skills on a variety of climate topics (workshops include Polar Bears International and Ecology North),
- an action project planning workshop by LSF to support students in the beginning stages of taking on an action project, and
- A $400 grant to each class to support their action project!
Workshops are available both live or recorded to suit class schedules.
For more information and to register, go to http://bit.ly/lsf-forums-2020.