The OTF Curriculum Forum (Forum) provides a unique avenue for professional learning and networking opportunities among the Subject, Division and Special Interest Associations (SDAs) as well as between the SDAs and OTF. The Forum also provides an active and important liaison between the SDAs and the Ministry of Education.
Members of the Forum are OTF, the OTF four Affiliates (AEFO, ETFO, OECTA, OSSTF) and over 50 SDAs. There is an open invitation to all formally established Associations to be part of the Forum by applying to the OTF Executive. The Forum meets three times during each school year – fall, winter and spring.
The direction and work of the OTF Curriculum Forum is supported by a seven-member OTF Curriculum Forum Steering Committee which is composed of an OTF staff member, one elected representative from each of four SDAs and two Affiliate staff members.
The 2019-2020 OTF Curriculum Forum Steering Committee members are
- Peter Beens (Association for Computer Studies Educators)
- Jason Johnston (Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario)
- Michèle Kleinschuck (Ontario Art Education Association)
- James Steeves (Ontario Elementary Social Studies Teachers Association)
- Belinda Russo (Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association)
- Linda Matuga (Ontario Family Studies, Social Sciences and Humanities Leadership Council)
- Ian Pettigrew (Ontario Teachers’ Federation).