To apply, click here.
Ici on parle français was first launched as a pilot project in 2020-21. The original intention of the program was to provide small grants to individual FSL teachers across the province to support a variety of professional learning activities. The program is funded through the French as a Second Language Labour Market Partnership (FSL-LMP), led by the Ontario Public School Boards’ Association (OPSBA).
In 2021-22, the program was expanded into a larger professional learning opportunity, inviting involvement both by individual FSL teachers and by those working in collaborative learning teams of two to four members. Funds can be used to participate in a professional learning activity or program or to purchase resources to support teachers’ FSL proficiency and pedagogy. For those working in a team, the maximum grant is $500 per team member (maximum of $2,000 per team) and for those working individually, the maximum grant is $250.
The application deadline for 2021-22 is Thursday, October 14, 2021.
To be eligible for a grant, you must meet all the following criteria:
- You must be a member of OTF;
- You must be employed as a teacher (full-time, part-time or occasional) by a publicly funded school board in Ontario;
- You do not need to be currently assigned to teach FSL;
- You must be willing to sign a commitment to complete a survey at the end of the professional learning program/activity, regarding the impact of the program/activity on your French proficiency and confidence in teaching French.
Grant details and restrictions
- The maximum grant for teams is $500 per teacher (max. of $2,000 for a team of four);
- The maximum grant for individuals learning on their own is $250;
- Funds may be used for any professional learning program or activity (AQ or other) that leads to improved French proficiency and/or FSL teaching skills;
- Funds may also be used to purchase print or other media resources to support your FSL proficiency and teaching;
- Funds may not be spent on capital purchases, food, travel or accommodation;
- For FSL courses, funds will be paid upon proof of successful completion of the course;
- Original receipts for all expenditures must be provided;
- Eligible PD programs/activities may have begun as early as August 16, 2021, but no later than December 1, 2021;
- Eligible PD programs/activities must be completed by June 30, 2022;
- Grants will be awarded with due consideration of the merits of the application, with priority given to group projects over individual applicants.
How it works
Complete the Ici on parle français application form by telling us about the FSL activity, project, program or resource for which you will use the grant.
OTF will let you know by November 5, 2021 whether your application has been accepted.
Complete the professional learning activity or purchase the resource(s) approved in your application.
Send OTF proof of successful completion of your professional learning project, receipts for all expenses and a completed survey on the impact on your French competency and confidence.
OTF will issue payment of the grant once we have received the items listed in Step 4.
Interested? Click here to apply.