OTF is an active participant in the Teacher Learning and Leadership Program (TLLP), an initiative of the Ministry of Education. The program provides funding to experienced teachers for professional development and leadership enhancement experiences and for sharing their learning with others. The applications for funding are considered by the Teacher Professional Learning Committee, consisting of representatives from the federations and the Ministry of Education.
Two-Day Training Session: Annually, OTF and Affiliate staff run a two-day training session, Leadership Skills for Classroom Teachers. Designed by OTF with input from the Affiliates, the session assists those teachers whose proposals have been selected for TLLP funding to develop the skills needed to effectively manage their learning projects and to share their learning with others.
Summit: To follow up, OTF organizes a culminating summit where teachers share their completed projects. Held in November each year, the Sharing the Learning Summit is always a great success.
Are you interested in being a TLLP participant in 2018-2019?
Note: Applications for the 2018-19 TLLP cohort are due to school boards/school authorities by November 24, 2017. All that you need to apply – and more – can be found by following the links below:
- TLLP Program Overview
- Proposal Application Form
- Program Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Principal Tip Sheet
- Board Tip Sheet
- Learn about the TLLP-Provincial Knowledge Exchange
For assistance in building your TLLP proposal, check out the following (in MP4 format):
- TLLP: Ideas and a plan
- What sorts of projects are funded?
- Building a budget
- Measurement and research
- Sharing your bright ideas
See what the research says about the benefits of the TLLP by reading the research studies by Drs. Carol Campbell, Ann Lieberman and Anna Yashkina:
Final Report of the 2015-16 research study
Final Report of the 2014-15 research study
Final Report of the 2013-14 research study
Findings of the initial 2012-13 research study
You might also find the following videos useful:
- Keynote presentation by Andy Hargreaves (in English) – Sharing the Learning Summit, November 2011 (37 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Keynote presentation by Ann Lieberman (in English) – Sharing the Learning Summit, November 2011 (18 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Interviews with Andy Hargreaves and Ann Lieberman (in English) – Sharing the Learning Summit, November 2011 (8 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Teachers Taking the Lead – Video of the TLLP (22 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Sharing the Learning Summit 2010, with comments from teacher participants, November 2010. (10 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Sharing the Learning Summit 2009, with comments from teacher participants, November 2009. (9 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)
- Highlights of the TLLP 2009 Summit, with comments from teacher participants, November 2009. (7 minutes – MP4 for Windows and Mac)