Engaging vulnerable students in reading and writing can be a challenging experience for teachers. This session provides participants with hands-on experience using gaming in the language classroom with specific classroom learning opportunities shared. Participants are encouraged to “play along” on their computers or tablet devices while using Google Apps for Education (GAFE) to share, collaborate, and learn together!
- Find Jeff on Twitter
- Jeff’s Gaming for Learning resources
- iPad screen recorder
- Beth Blue Swadener (article): “At Risk” or “At Promise”?
- James Paul Gee on learning with video games: video, article, book
- International Reading Association (2012) Position Paper on Adolescent Literacy
- Summary of video game genres (student-made video)
- Hero Machine (character creator)
- Epic Citadel
- Common Sense Media