OTF Math Office Hours gives beginning teachers and teacher candidates the opportunity to ask questions about math concepts and procedures and to receive support from a teacher qualified in math. Our contacts at the Ontario Teacher Candidates’ Council (OTCC) have expressed support for this program.
Facilitator: Judy Mendaglio
- For answers to questions about the MPT administration, consult the MPT website at https://www.mathproficiencytest.ca/#/en/applicant/landing
- The MPT practice test can be accessed here: https://www.mathproficiencytest.ca/#/en/applicant/learn/prepare:sample_questions
- Access the Ministry of Education’s digital curriculum platform here: https://www.dcp.edu.gov.on.ca/en/curriculum#elementary
- View archived Math Office Hours sessions from spring 2021 on OTF’s YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUtnwjexppUZDhvO9EELit9TZKTmA4eKI
- Register to attend future OTF Math Office Hours here: https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/otf-connects/calendar/
- Nia Ghomaschchi’s YouTube video 11 Strategies For Passing The Ontario Math Proficiency Test can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx06D3yuxe8
- On Facebook? Check out the FB Group: Rethink the Teacher Candidate Math Legislation. It provides many notes, helpful tips, discussion and updates, etc.
- Using Math Moments to Multiply Math Skills is a series of 10 webinars designed to develop conceptual understanding and to lead both students and you to being better positioned to generate algorithms to build procedural fluency. Find them here: https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/otf-connects/resources/
- Access mathematics curriculum resources (Grades 1-9), developed by Ontario Association for Mathematics Education/Association francophone pour l’énseignement des mathématiques en Ontario, visit: https://ontariomath.support/
- The University of Waterloo’s Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing – CEMC Digital – offers free online resources form Grades 4 through 12, with a mix of online games, video lessons, exercises and challenge problems: https://cemc.uwaterloo.ca/resources/cemc-digital.html
- Have specific mathematics questions? You can reach Judy Mendaglio at email@example.com