OTF Math Office Hours gives beginning teachers and teacher candidates the opportunity to ask questions about math concepts and procedures and to receive support from a teacher qualified in math. Our contacts at the Ontario Teacher Candidates’ Council (OTCC) have expressed support for this program.
Facilitator: Leanne Oliver
- To access Leanne’s participants’ diagnostic/needs assessment Padlet visit: https://padlet.com/mrs_oliver/RefreshConcepts
- To access Leanne’s Delta Math Practice Exercises, you will need to create an account. Follow the instructions in the attached “Delta” .pdf document.
- To create a Desmos account to work through activities modelled by Leanne during her session, follow the instructions in the attached “DESMOS” .pdf document.
- The attached “What Would You Do_EQAO” .pdf document provides questions from previous EQAO Grade 9 Math assessments.
- For answers to questions about the MPT administration, consult the MPT website at https://www.mathproficiencytest.ca/#/en/applicant/landing
- You can view archived Math Office Hours on OTF’s YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUtnwjexppUZDhvO9EELit9TZKTmA4eKI
- Nia Ghomaschchi’s YouTube video 11 Strategies For Passing The Ontario Math Proficiency Test can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx06D3yuxe8
- If you are on Facebook, check out the FB Group: Rethink the Teacher Candidate Math Legislation. It provides many notes, helpful tips, discussion and updates, etc.
- Using Math Moments to Multiply Math Skills is a series of 10 webinars designed to develop conceptual understanding and to lead both students and you to being better positioned to generate algorithms to build procedural fluency. Find them here: https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/otf-connects/resources/
- Register to attend future OTF Math Office Hours here: https://www.otffeo.on.ca/en/learning/otf-connects/calendar/