July 4, 2017 to July 19, 2017
- Category: ABQ
- Region: GTA
- Topic: Technological Education
- Grades: Senior (grades 11-12)
There is a $100 non-refundable materials charge for the course due on the first day of classes.
It is recommended that participants wear steel-toed footwear to class. Safety glasses and shop coats may be provided.
Note: All candidates for any 11/12 course MUST have the 9/10 level course for the same subject area listed on their OCT Certificate of Qualification as a prerequisite.
- Teachers who have completed Technological Studies ABQs 9/10 and 11/12 in one subject area listed on their Ontario College of Teachers’ Certificate of Qualification and a grade 9/10 ABQ in a second subject area can apply for a grade11/12 ABQ in the second subject area if the meet the following prerequisites:
- 5 years of full time, related and acceptable wage earning work experience. This applies to applicants without related diploma or degree.
- 3 years full-time work experience as defined above in an OISE listed trade or profession AFTER successful completion of a related 2 year diploma program
- 2 years full-time wage earning experience as defined above in an OISE listed trade or profession AFTER successful completion of a related 3 or 4 year diploma/degree program
- Teachers who DO NOT have the Technological education 9/10 and 11/12 in one subject area listed on the Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification must meet the prerequisites listed above to be eligible to apply entry into an ABQ in Technological Education. Candidates that meet the prerequisites must first enroll and be successful in the 9-10 ABQ before applying for the 11-12. Candidates that meet the prerequisites listed above and submitted their required documentations to OISE CPL will qualify for the 11-12 ABQ after successful completion of the 9-10 courses with no further prerequisites.
- This skilled wage-earning experience must be completed in a minimum blocks of four months of continuous employment. Wage earning experience completed during summers while in school, weekend or evening work or work completed while a full time teacher is not considered acceptable related experience.
- Work experience must be documented on company letterhead outlining the duties performed with dates, verify that the related experience was full time and not an addition to other non-related work areas and signed by an appropriate Supervisor.
- WORK EXPERIENCE CANNOT BE COUNTED TOWARD MORE THAN ONE GRADE 9/10 or 11/12 TECHNOLOGY ABQ.
Applicants to a Technology AQ course must have formal technical education, proof of competence and skilled wage-earning experience in one or more of the following GENERAL areas (inquiries about experience in a specific field are assessed on a case-by-case basis by the assessment office):
- General Carpenter
- Electrician Construction and Maintenance
- Civil Engineer
- Heating and Cooling
- Organizer: OISE/UT
- Cost: $795.00 plus applicable materials fee. See website for more information.
- Location: Halton - Lester B. Pearson High School
- Website: http://www.oise.utoronto.ca/aq/
- Contact: OISE | Continuing & Professional Learning
- Phone: 416-978-2474 or 1-800-443-7612
- Fax: 416-926-4732
- Email: email@example.com