August 4, 2020 to September 18, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: French as a Second Language
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Additional Qualification Course: French as a Second Language, Part II explores the theoretical foundations, the development of learners, program planning and implementation, assessment, the learning environment and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the divisions. The course is specifically designed to support French speaking teachers in enhancing their pedagogical and programming practices as they relate to the delivery of French as a a Second Language curriculum.
Candidates come to the Additional Qualification course: French as a Second Language, Part II with French language skills and related knowledge and experiences. Critical to the implementation of this course is the modeling of a positive learning environment that reflects care, professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership and ongoing learning.
The Ontario College of Teachers recognizes that candidates working in the publicly funded school system, independent/private institutions or First Nations schools will have a need to explore in an integrated delivery model, topics and issues of particular relevance to the context in which they work or may work.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Part 1 completed
- Minimum ONE year of certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification
- Signed Supervisory Officer’s Form by course end date confirming required teaching experience