July 5, 2017 to July 21, 2017
- Category: AQ
- Region: GTA
- Topic: Health and Physical Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
- Certificate of Qualification:
Must be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers or hold an interim Certificate of Qualification. It is no longer necessary to send in a copy of your Certificate of Qualification. We have access to this information via the OCT Public Registry.
- Academic University Degree:
Official university transcript(s) (sent directly from the institution OR delivered to Continuing and Professional Learning office in a sealed envelope) showing proof of an acceptable academic university degree conferred by an accredited institution acceptable to the University of Toronto and the Ontario College of Teachers, with a minimum of 20 full university degree credits or the equivalent. Courses required for teaching certification or additional teaching qualifications cannot be used for this requirement. Please note this includes all undergraduate programs/courses at all institutions.
- Certificate of Teaching Experience:
Evidence of at least two (2) years of successful teaching experience, including one (1) year of experience in the subject area in which the Honour Specialist qualification(s) is being sought. This experience must be certified by the appropriate Supervisory Officer on the OISE Certificate of Teaching Experience Form.
- Official University Transcript(s) showing one of the following:
- For a single Honour Specialist, proof of successful completion of 9.0 university degree credits or the equivalent in the subject in which the Honour Specialist qualification is being sought with an overall average of at least a “B” or “70%” (please note: 1.0 university degree credits is the equivalent to 1 full year course or 2 half-year courses.)
- For a combined Honour Specialist, proof of successful completion of 14.0 university degree credits or the equivalent in the 2 subjects in which the combined Honour Specialist qualification is being sought, including no fewer than 6.0 university degree credits or the equivalent in each subject. Each subject area must have an overall average of at least a “B” or “70%”. Both of the Honour Specialist courses in the combination must be successfully completed before the qualification will be recommended to the Ontario College of Teachers to be added to the Certificate of Qualification.
PLEASE NOTE: For a combined Honour Specialist, proof of teaching experience is only required for the Honour Specialist subject that is completed first.
Applicants who have applied for a single Honour Specialist but who do not meet the prerequisites may also be considered for a combined Honour Specialist. It is OISE’s practice to process an application for one of the combined subjects, and to advise the applicant accordingly.
NOTE: Exceptions and additional requirements are noted here.