April 19, 2021 to June 21, 2021
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Health and Physical Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), Senior (grades 11-12)
This facilitated online course includes some mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor. Audio and video recordings may be a required element of the learning.
This course is recommended for people who are already certified in the Intermediate or Senior division. It will not grant you either the Intermediate or Senior division.
The purpose of the Physical and Health Education (H&PE Intermediate/Senior Part I Additional Qualification (AQ) Course is to develop candidates’ skills and knowledge for the design, delivery, and assessment of H&PE programs. As an introductory course, Part 1 focuses on the theory and practice underpinning H&PE through exploration of the philosophy and its application for ensuring a healthy, active living education. Critical to the delivery of H&PE is the ability of teachers to ensure positive learning experiences for all students. Candidates learn to combine their knowledge of physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development and learning with understanding of students’ needs in order to facilitate active student engagement.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT