January 4, 2021 to March 29, 2021
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Health and Physical Education
- Grades: Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3)
- Certificate of Qualification and Registration, P/J, in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Health and Physical Education, P/J, Part 1 and Part 2
- Minimum 2 years teaching in any area verified by Superintendent of HR Certificate Of Successful Teaching Experience
The Health and Physical Education (HPE) Primary/Junior Specialist Additional Qualification Course extends, reinforces, and refines candidates’ knowledge and skills for designing, delivering, and assessing program. The course focuses specifically on the development of leadership skills and reflects the expectations outlined in the Ministry of Education curriculum policy documents and the OCT Standards of Practice and Ethical Standards.
Throughout the specialist course, candidates examine the role of the HPE leader within the healthy schools framework by considering the needs of the whole child, development of physical and health literacy, and commitment to lifelong healthy, active living. Participants demonstrate and share leadership expertise through critical thinking and reflecting, engaging in classroom practice, exploring research, and inquiry to consolidate knowledge of building capacity within a healthy schools community.
Delivery Format: Online