New to blogging? Or do you already have some experience? This session is a discussion around making a class blog the foundation of your late Primary or Junior program. Participants will learn the basics for getting their class blog running, before moving on to practical applications and examples from the classroom. Suggestions will be shared for helping students progress from writing comments to contributing their own posts, while covering a wide range of curriculum expectations. Leave this session ready to move forward on your blogging journey!
Topics to be covered include:
- Getting comfortable with blogging
- Growing your use of a blog
- Gradual release of responsibility to students
- Criteria for success
- Incorporating iPod Touch apps with your blog
- Managing a blog as a showcase of other online tools
Audience: Grades 3-6
- Session Wiki: This comprehensive wiki includes the following topics:
- Introduction to Blogging
- Why Blog With Students?
- Behind the Scenes
- Integrating Handheld Devices
- Your Blog as a Showcase
- Resources & Next Steps
- Embedding a Vocaroo into Blog
- Sample blogs: Marie’s class blog, Jaclyn’s blog, Why blog?
- Related OTF Connects sessions: