It may seem premature to learn about your pension before you start your career. The average teacher works for 26 years, but receives a pension for 32 years. Most teachers wait until late in their careers before turning their minds to their pension and often regret this. This workshop will introduce Teacher Candidates to the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) and how it operates. Several topics will be covered including qualifying years vs credited years, commuted value, conditional indexation, and pension buybacks when on leave.
Zoom Webinar – Presentation
Presenter: Jeffrey Barber
Audience: Grades K-12
- Link to the OTF Connects calendar
- Link to the archived/searchable OTF Connects webinars
- To stay up to date on pension matters, other education-related news and professional learning opportunities ? Sign up for one or both of the OTF newsletters here: OTF News and OTF Learning.
- Got pension-specific questions? Visit OTPP FAQs/Common Questions
- Use the OTPP pension calculator to help you assess scenarios about retirement: