Use learning circles to enrich your classroom, inspire your students and achieve learning goals! Join colleagues in an exploration of global learning circles – highly interactive, project-based partnerships that bring rich and meaningful learning opportunities to your students through exciting international connections. Discover what these learning circles look like in a variety of classroom settings and learn how to integrate curriculum expectations in fun and easy ways. Participants will learn how to access Learning Circle projects from iEARN (The International Education and Resource Network), Rock Our World, Taking IT Global and the Flat Classroom.
Note: This webinar features examples of work from elementary students, however, Learning Circles projects are open to secondary classes as well.
Audience: All levels
- iEARN.org; Join iEARN
- iEARN (Canada)
- iEARN Collaboration Centre
- Sample projects: Bat Chen’s Mom (Bat Chen’s book), Early People Symbols Project Map with project links (explore by clicking on icons on the map), Moldova, Russia, Russian web conference, Student’s perspective
- Mali and Jim’s OTF Connects session on The My Hero Project
- Global education projects: Flat Connections (formerly the Flat Classroom), TakingITGlobal
- Tools: Socrative (quizzes, polling), Edmodo, Voicethread, Glogster, Blogger, Google Sites, Padlet (Mali’s wall wisher for this session – feel free to post!)
- Ministry licensed software for collaboration and connection: Adobe Connect (visit OSAPAC for more information)