In this session, we will explore how to record, process, upload and publish audio podcasts. The skills developed during this workshop are transferable to multiple contexts. Not only will you be able to put your school announcements online, but you can also create a classroom podcast for parents, a teacher podcast for students, or a personal project podcast. We will also look at how to create a private podcast for classroom use, a semi-private podcast within a school district, and a public feed podcast.
Zoom Webinar Presentation
Presenter: Carlo Fusco
Presentation Website: https://sites.google.com/view/otf-podcasting-2022
Carlo’s Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/mrfusco
Carlo’s Website: https://fusco.ca/
- Under the Influence: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/undertheinfluence
- Quirks and Quarks: https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-51-quirks-and-quarks
- The Secret Life of Canada: https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podcasts/203-the-secret-life-of-canada
- The Happiness Lab: https://www.happinesslab.fm/
- Matriarch Movement: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/matriarch-movement/id1556354811
- Kitchen Confessions: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/kitchen-confession/id1368733807?mt=2
- The Creative Classroom: https://spencerauthor.com/podcast/
YouTube Audio Library (https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary) is excellent for audio effects and music. Pay attention to the attribution requirements! Some attributions have to be embedded in the media, others just have to be in the show notes. There is a “License Type” column. Click on the icon to see the attribution requirements.
On Pixel phones you can use the Recorder app to record the audio and create a transcript. You can email the audio file and transcript to yourself.
Susan M mentioned Voice Record Pro for iPhones, which allows you to download to your Google Drive.
Website used for recording: https://zencastr.com/ (up to 10 people). Downloads individual audio files for editing in Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/), etc.
https://vocaroo.com/ was also mentioned.
Chromebook editing: https://filme.imyfone.com/audio-edit/audio-editing-software-for-chormebook/
Free Mac and PC audio editors: https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editing-tips/free-audio-editor.html
WordPress.org is free but they embed ads. You can register a website domain name for under $20 per year and buy hosting for $3.50 per month at Boomhost (https://bit.ly/boomhostlink, Canadian web hosting).
Peter did some podcasting tests on WordPress here: https://www.beens.ca/category/podcast/
Audacity does not come on your computer. Download it from https://www.audacityteam.org/