July 2, 2020 to July 31, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Business Studies
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), Senior (grades 11-12)
An introduction to business teaching methods and their application to the teaching of the subject area will be the focus of this course. Consideration will be given to aspects of curriculum development in the field including a discussion of appropriate supporting materials.
Required Documentation for Admission
- Official transcript from your university. The official, sealed transcript must be mailed by the institution(s) you attended to:ASPIRE Program
Faculty of Education
1137 Western Road
London, ON N6G 1G7*B.Ed transcript is not required. Click HERE for transcripts from institutions outside of Canada.
- If you have a copy of your transcript(s), we request that you also fax it to firstname.lastname@example.org after your registration. Doing so will help us to confirm your eligibility and allow time for other options to be considered if you are not eligible for the course. NOTE: The copy is not considered official and your admission will not be finalized until the official transcript is received from the institution(s). or email it to
- The above documentation must be received by the ASPIRE office prior to the start date of the AQ course. Failure to submit required documentation may result in your removal from the course.
- General Certificate of Qualification and Registration (CQR) in Good Standing.
- Basic Qualification in the Intermediate division or in the Senior division in a general education subject listed in Schedule A.
(Our office will verify your OCT status and CQR via the online OCT Public Register. You do not need to send a copy.)
- At least one full year university course in Accounting.
Note that course weights vary across institutions. Courses weighted as 3 credits are likely to be half courses.
- IMPORTANT: Due to the combined nature of many of the course discussions, course candidates are permitted to enroll in only one Business or Computer Studies subject course per session. These subject courses include: Business Studies-General, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Information & Communication Technology, Computer Studies. Should a candidate enroll in more than one Social Sciences subject course in the same session, they will be required to transfer to another course or withdraw. Withdrawals are subject to the $100 non-refundable deposit applied to all refund amounts.
- If you hold a Transitional Certificate of Qualification and Registration, you cannot enroll in an Additional Qualifications course.
- Teachers trained outside of Ontario, and wishing to teach in Ontario, must be a fully registered member of the Ontario College of Teachers PRIOR to registration in an AQ.
- Exceptions to the above are made for trained teachers from other jurisdictions who do not plan to teach in Ontario. Contact email@example.com for more information.
PRE-EVALUATION OPTION: Admission is dependent on meeting the academic prerequisites. If you are unsure of your eligibility, it is strongly advised to have your transcript assessed prior to enrollment in the AQ course. Pre-evaluation requests must be received by the ASPIRE Program office no later than 10 days prior to registration deadline for the session. Check Frequently Asked Questions for instructions on requesting a pre-assessment.
For withdrawals due to non-eligibility, the university refund policy will apply. See Course Withdrawal/Refund under Policies and Guidelines.