August 3, 2022 to August 31, 2022
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Cooperative Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), Senior (grades 11-12)
Course Purpose & Enrolment Pre-Requisite
The Cooperative Education Specialist AQ Course provides candidates with a comprehensive understanding of Cooperative Education, with particular regard to leadership and the role of the teacher responsible for implementing programs in a school context. The focus of the Specialist AQ is to provide candidates with opportunities to review MOE directions and to explore links related to various forms of experiential learning. Candidates will enhance their skills of planning, programming, teaching, problem solving, assessing and evaluating students’ performance.
Candidates enrolled in this course have obtained the prerequisite qualification, Cooperative Education, Part 2 and have at least two years of successful teaching experience including at least one year teaching Cooperative Education in Ontario.
Cooperative Education teachers work in partnership with subject-specific teachers, the business community and others at the local, regional and provincial levels to create curriculum opportunities and programs that promote student achievement in a variety of content areas.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Part 2 completed
- Minimum TWO years certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification including ONE year in Co-operative Education.
- Signed Supervisory Officer’s Form by course end date confirming teaching experience