August 4, 2020 to September 18, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: French as a Second Language
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The French as a Second Language (FSL) Part 1 AQ Course explores theoretical foundations, development of learners, program planning and implementation, assessment, the learning environment and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the divisions. The course is specifically designed to support French-speaking teachers to enhance their pedagogical and programming practices related to the delivery of the FSL curriculum.
Candidates come to the FSL AQ course with French language skills and related knowledge and experiences. Critical to the implementation of this course is the modeling of a positive learning environment that reflects care, professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership and ongoing learning.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Successfully complete a French language proficiency test FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING TEST DATES, LOCATION AND TIME, WILL ARRIVE BY E-MAIL UPON REGISTRATION. Test Exemption: Applicants holding Basic Qualifications for teaching in Francophone schools (i.e, primaire, moyen, intermédiare, and/or supérieur) will not be required to complete the French language proficiency test