August 4, 2020 to September 18, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Guidance and Career Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Additional Qualification Course: Guidance and Career Education Part 1, open to elementary and secondary teacher-candidates, will introduce you to relevant Ministry of Education (MOE) policies, board/school programs, and resources. It will also deepen your understanding of others while enhancing your own and others’ learning through collaborative development of approaches and methods for implementing the skills of Guidance Teacher-Counsellors in classroom practice.
This Part 1 Guidance and Career Education course employs a critical, pedagogical lens for holistic, integrated exploration of relevant theoretical foundations and guidance-program planning and implementation, thus supporting your awareness of students’ learning development, styles, and preferences. In addition, through critical consideration of instructional practices, assessment and evaluation, the nature of the learning environment, and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning, you will increase your knowledge and skills for promoting and supporting students’ wellbeing. In short, Guidance and Career Education Part 1 will enhance your professional knowledge, ethical practice, leadership capacity, and ongoing learning.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT