August 4, 2020 to September 18, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Guidance and Career Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Additional Qualification Course: Guidance and Career Education Part 2 will continue to support you in examining the important role of guidance and counselling practice in the school community and, as well, its attendant benefits for students and teachers. It will also engage you in exploration of the contributions of the various school-community stakeholders to the decision making required for ensuring sound guidance and counselling practice.
Throughout the Part 2 course, you will experience opportunities for extending your own professional practice; expanding career awareness and planning; refining the use of assessment tools and community resources; and examining relevant legal and ethical issues. Finally, you will enjoy the support of the Instructional Leader (IL) and your colleagues as you explore personal and shared resources to refine professional skills and develop a personal approach to counselling.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Part 1 completed
- Minimum ONE year of certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification
- Signed Supervisory Officer’s Form by course end date confirming required teaching experience