June 26, 2023 to August 11, 2023
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Technological Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), Senior (grades 11-12)
The underlying purpose of the Additional Qualification course Honour Specialist Technological Education is to focus on curriculum leadership. The course addresses contexts and theories underpinning the study of Technological Education. Pedagogy, curriculum, assessment and evaluation, technology, child and adolescent development related to program planning and implementation are addressed. Candidates will explore leadership issues in various ways including independent reading and reflection. Candidates will work with colleagues in the class and participate in projects including a course culminating activity which is designed to synthesize learning from the course for application to teaching practice. The course is designed to promote strategies that support students’ conceptual development and enduring understandings.
This leadership course has been developed for teachers who already have a deep level of learning about subject content and pedagogy gained from practical teaching experience, professional reading and previous course work.
Topics in this course include:
– Importance of teaching technological education and broad-based technology
– Ones philosophy for teaching technological education and broad-based technology
– Assessment and evaluation of projects
– Analysis of different curriculum models
– Research in Technological Education
– An action plan
Please visit website for additional information and registration.