June 22, 2020 to August 7, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Special Education/Exceptionalities
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
Understanding the Education Act, Ministry curriculum expectations, regulations, policy and the Standards of Practice that support Special Education. Identification of students with exceptionalities; characteristics and definitions of: Behaviour; Communication (Autism, Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Language, Speech Impairments); Intellectual (Giftedness, Mild Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability); Physical; Multiple. Knowing how to write, develop and amend an IEP, importance of information technology.
Format: Lectures, seminar.
Notes: may be available on-site, online or blended.
- Organizer: Brock University
- Cost: $685.00. See website for fee details.
- Location: Online
- Website: https://brocku.ca/education/futurestudents/contteachered
- Contact: Centre for Continuing Teacher Education
- Phone: 905 688-5550 x 3342
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org