June 22, 2020 to August 7, 2020
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Special Education/Exceptionalities
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
Continuing to address categories, definitions and identification of exceptionalities. Knowledge of the qualities and characteristics of ability and disability, formal, informal data, information gathering, tools, tests and assessment strategies to interpret, inform and develop the IEP collaboratively. Examination of board special education programs, plans and services. Learning from and working with students, parents and community partners. Application of information technology.
Format: Lectures, seminar.
Prerequisites: Prerequisite(s): Special Education Part I plus one year of teaching experience.
Notes: may be available on-site, online or blended.
- Organizer: Brock University
- Cost: $685.00. See website for fee updates.
- Location: Online
- Website: https://brocku.ca/registrar/guides-and-timetable/continuing-teacher-ed
- Contact: Centre for Continuing Teacher Education
- Phone: 905-688-5550 ext. 3342
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org