August 8, 2023 to August 31, 2023
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Library/Learning Commons
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Teacher Librarian Part 2 Additional Qualification Course will expand and reinforce the knowledge, skills, and confidence you have acquired in Part 1. Specifically, it will enhance your understanding of the Library Learning Commons (LLC) as a collaborative space designed to promote student achievement across all subject/curriculum areas and to foster students’ overall success through inquiry- and research-based learning.
Through collaborative and individual activities, you will build upon your understanding of advocacy and grow as an advocate for school libraries. To nurture your growth, you will explore varied examples of the positive impact the Teacher Librarian can have on student learning; and, through discussion and research, you will examine innovative learning initiatives suited to the inquiry- and research-based model that informs the work of the Teacher Librarian to meet the needs and styles of all learners. Finally, the Part 2 course will strengthen your understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Teacher Librarian as a leader in the LLC and, thus, as a leader with school-wide influence.
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Part 1 completed
- Minimum ONE year of certified teaching experience by the first day of the course, subsequent to certification
- Signed Supervisory Officer’s Form by course end date confirming required teaching experience