July 2, 2018 to July 15, 2019
- Category: AQ
- Region: GTA
- Topic: ESL and ELD
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), JK-SK, Junior (grades 4-6), Primary (grades 1-3), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Teaching English Language Learners Part 1 Additional Qualification Course provides an introduction which will focus your learning on theory and practice underpinning second-language teaching and learning while examining factors influencing acculturation. The content addressed in this course is intended to assist teachers in the design, implementation, and assessment of programs for linguistically and culturally diverse students at all grade levels.
You will also develop an awareness of the role of the ELL teacher as an advocate for students’ linguistic and social adjustment challenges and needs in the school; and, as a collaborative partner for in-school and community services personnel and parents/guardians.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Organizer: York University
- Cost: $685.00. See website for complete details.
- Location: -St. Basil-the-Great College School
- Address: 20 Starview Ln, North York, ON M9M 3B2
- Website: http://edu.yorku.ca/profdev/
- Contact: Office of Professional Learning
- Phone: 416-736-5003
- Fax: 416-736-5023
- Email: [email protected]