June 26, 2023 to August 11, 2023
- Category: ABQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Technological Education
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10)
The aim of all ABQ Technological Studies programs is to prepare teachers to teach broad-based technology (B.B.T) courses in secondary schools. Candidates in these courses will:
– Use and enhance their technological skills
– Create technology projects using open-ended problem solving methods
– Develop teaching techniques to promote cooperative learning in small-groups
– Design projects that involve community partnerships
– Acquire new project ideas and teaching strategies by sharing resources with other B.B.T. candidates
– Develop authentic approaches to assessing projects
– Develop ways of documenting students skills acquisition.
The Additional Qualification course Technological Design Grades 9 & 10 provides candidates the opportunity to produce a Grade 9/10 Technology Design project related to their skills.
Topics in this course include:
– Legal and ethical responsibilities and the role of the teacher
– Learning strategies and theoretical foundations of Technology Design
– Participation in class activities, group work and class presentations
– The learning environment and classroom management
– Project management and the technological process
– Assessment and evaluation
– Ongoing professional learning and learning resources
– Effective parent/teacher communication and collaboration
This course runs June 26 – August 11, 2017. Please visit website for additional information and registration.