Creating authentic and engaging content to link to real life experiences can be extremely challenging in mathematics. This session highlights specific apps, websites and video games that can make mathematics fun for any student. Participants are encouraged to “play along” on their devices while connecting, sharing, and collaborating via Google Apps for Education.
- Find Jeff on Twitter
- Jeff’s Gaming for Learning resources
- Beth Blue Swadener (article): “At Risk” or “At Promise”?
- James Paul Gee:
- Stanford study on math improvement through gaming
- Apps that Teach (and are fun, too!)
- Plants vs. Zombies (free online version)
- Angry Birds (free online version)
- Fruit Ninja (free online version)
- Flick Fishing
- Wuzzit Trouble
- Extra game ideas: