Join the discussion about how to plan to teach a Number Sense & Numeration lesson THROUGH problem solving. We will start with the math curriculum and work through a series of planning prompts to help teachers develop a 3-part lesson in which students will develop an understanding of math through problem solving.
- Mary-Kay’s wiki
- The Structure of Math Problems
- Teacher sharing: Three-part lesson plan (Google doc), Math problems (Padlet)
- Dr. Marian Small (K-12 math)
- Ontario Ministry of Education resources:
- Getting students sharing: