This workshop explores the power of alternative assessments and assignments that level the field for diverse learners and uncover the importance of tapping into student creativity. This session will bring together a sampling of student work from both academic and applied English classrooms to study the efficacy of digital storytelling, movie making and other technology tools as a vehicle for visual literacy.
Audience: All levels
- Presentation slides
- Christina’s complete resource list and student samples (Google doc)
- Scholastic Scope (teacher’s magazine with lessons, online resources, etc.)
- TEDed Talks (with learning connections and more)
- TEDed: What Makes a Hero?
- Tools: Padlet (student sample), ThingLink (sample 1, sample 2), Animoto (student sample), WeVideo (sample 1, sample 2), Bitstrips (sample 1, sample 2)