May 1, 2017 to June 10, 2017
- Category: AQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Arts
- Grades: Intermediate (grades 7-10), Senior (grades 11-12)
The Additional Qualification Course: Music-Instrumental Specialist employs a critical, pedagogical lens to explore in holistic and integrated manner theoretical foundations, the development of learners, program planning and implementation, instructional practices, assessment and evaluation, the learning environment and ethical considerations related to teaching and learning across the divisions.
- facilitating leadership in the application of theories of child and adolescent development
- modeling the implementation of Ontario curriculum, resources and government policies, frameworks and strategies
- modeling musicianship (for example, various instrumental/composition techniques, accompanying, conducting, arranging/orchestrating)
- critically exploring leadership in team musical development (for example, rehearsal techniques, demonstrating basic instrumental knowledge, ensembleship)
- modeling the application of diverse musical resources and technologies (for example, instruments, tablets, digital audio workstations, recycled materials, digital composition, notation programs) in developing, planning and implementing programs
- modeling the integration of multiple assessment methods that are ongoing, varied in nature (for example, ensemble evaluation, self-evaluation, peer evaluation) and implemented over a period of time to support student learning
- fostering and sustaining a positive relationship with various partners and associations (for example: Ontario Music Educators’ Association Ontario Music Educators’ AssociationOntario Music Educators’ Association (OMEA), Coalition for Music Education, Canadian Music Educators’ Association (CMEA), Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN, Association francophone pour l’éducation artistique en Ontario to support professional learning and collaboration
Please visit website for additional information.
- Organizer: University of Windsor
- Cost: AQ Courses: Online $685.00, Blended: $735.00 or $780. ABQ Courses: Online $735.00, Blended $780.00. Onsite courses range from $735-$780. See website for additional details.
- Location: Online
- Website: http://www.uwindsor.ca/education/continuing
- Contact: The Centre for Executive and Professional Education
- Phone: 519-253-3000 ext 6734
- Email: email@example.com