August 3, 2022 to August 31, 2022
- Category: ABQ, Online
- Region: Central Ontario, Eastern Ontario, GTA, Northern Ontario, Outside Ontario, Southern Ontario
- Topic: Arts
- Grades: Senior (grades 11-12)
This facilitated online course includes some mandatory synchronous sessions with real-time group interaction set by the Instructor. Audio and video recordings may be a required element of the learning.
The Additional Basic Qualification Dramatic Arts Course prepares teacher-candidates for effective delivery of the Ontario drama curriculum in Grades 11 and 12. Specifically, it expands teachers’ professional knowledge and skill for designing and implementing in-class, community-based, and other experiential drama activities designed for the older adolescent.
The course also enhances teachers’ knowledge of the history of drama and of its role in Canadian society through critical inquiry. In this capacity, the course also encourages teachers to inquire into appropriate pedagogy and, as well, into ways of promoting and supporting the dramatic arts in the community. In turn, successful teacher-candidates increase their capacity for and ability to engage their own students meaningfully in critical inquiry into drama and its potential for providing personal enjoyment and a range of potential employment opportunities.
- An undergraduate degree acceptable to the Ontario College of Teachers
- Be a member in good standing with the OCT
- Two full university degree credit courses in Dramatic Arts OR Intermediate Basic (Dramatic Arts) OR Dramatic Arts, Part 1
- Official transcript(s) sent directly to the Professional Learning Office from the granting institution before course start date