As more technology is making its way into many Ontario schools, educators are starting to explore blogging for student and professional learning. There are many things that are helpful to consider before blogging. This session discusses these key topics:
- Why use a blog?
- How a blog can act as a digital portfolio of student work.
- Various blogging options, depending on the age and ability of your students as well as classroom needs.
- Making blogging work regardless of the number of devices available.
- The importance of teacher blogging as well as student blogging.
- Public vs. Private – Important considerations for both.
- Find Aviva online: class blog, Twitter, website
- The Daily Shoot
- Blog posts
- Sharing of Work
- Blogs for reflection: Gr. 5 sample
- When you don’t have a lot of devices:
- Benefits of podcasting (no faces!)
- Web safety:
- Educators to follow: