In this webinar, participants will build scaffolded Scratch coding projects that will help students to solidify important math concepts in each of the five strands. Starting with the Ontario Curriculum and the Math Processes, we will look at how coding projects fit into the Primary curriculum with examples from Grades 1 to 3. No experience is required, however you will need a computer, or a chromebook to build these projects and to participate fully in this hands on webinar.
Audience: Grades 1-3
- Connect with Scott on Twitter: @scottmckenzie27
- Scott’s Blog: http://Technorookie.blogspot.ca
- Seymour Papert’s Mathland (Video)
- Register for Scratch
- Scratch Project: How Many?
- Steve Wyborney’s Blog
- Scratch Project: Splat Math, How Many?
- Scratch Project: Rekenrek
- Scratch Project: 2D Shapes
- Scratch Project: Magic Hat, Probability