Let your students amaze you with their mathematical minds as they have hard fun programming/coding with Scratch & Turtle Art! As they draw and create ever more complex projects, they will be drawn into being mathematicians. Learn how to help your students use these programs to explore coordinate geometry, angles, operations, variables, distances—and much more. Join us and discover how kids of any age can create art while coming to understand mathematics.
- Find Peter online:
- Find Brenda online:
- Turtle Art and Scratch
- Turtle Video (watch to 6:35)
- Drawing Kids into Mathematics
- Tech2Learn wiki
- I’ve Done a Total Turtle Trip
- Coding for Kids for Dummies
- What’s New? Innovative Technology Use for Inquiry?
- So You Want Kids to Code! Why?
- Knowledge WITH Technology: A Case for Intelligent Learning
- Constructionism: The Child at the Centre
- Scratch Tutorials
- Seymour Papert youtube videos
- Mindstorms: Children, Computers and Powerful Ideas by Seymour Papert
- Invent to Learn by Sylvia Martinez and Gary Stager