The Full-Day Kindergarten Program and the Revised (2013) Social Studies, History & Geography curriculum have created a new focus in schools on inquiry-based learning. This session explores some of the big questions around inquiry:
- But what does inquiry look like across different grade levels?
- How can you get students to start developing those deeper questions, and then where do you go, once they have them?
- How is direct instruction a part of the process?
- How do you ensure that these questions align with curriculum expectations?
- What role does assessment play in the process?
This session explores these questions as well as look at different ways that you and your students can both get excited about inquiry!
- Aviva’s website and Twitter page
- Ministry documents
- Asking deeper questions
- Inquiry or Direct Instruction?
Related OTF Connects sessions
- A Technological Twist on Inquiry with Aviva Dunsiger
- Delving into Documentation with Aviva Dunsiger
- Observational Assessment with Google Forms with Shadi Yazdan