In this webinar, participants will be learning to assess students developmentally in Kindergarten to Grade 3 mathematics. We will look at the question, “how does student understanding of number concepts and operations develop?”, as a basis for how we plan for instruction, assess “in the moment”, and plan our instructional next steps. Proceeding from counting in pre-K and K, we will move through number concepts up to multiplying in grade 2 and 3.
Click here to explore these mathematical concepts in the Junior/Intermediate Division with Kyle Pearce’s webinar, The Progression of Multiplication, on March 30!
- Upcoming OTF webinars, including Kyle Pearce’s on the multiplication landscape
- My TEDx talk, Math Classrooms Should Be Places of Surprise and Wonder
- Tweet, @ mention me, and use #OTFPD. https://twitter.com/MatthewOldridge
- Clements article on subitizing
- Clements trajectories for early number sense
- Ministry Renewed Math Strategy Sessions on early number sense
- Nrich-developing early number sense
- Sense of 5 needed first
- Rekenrek is another tool
- An interactive hundreds square
- Fosnot. What needs to happen before kids can add?
- Ordering What to Look For from Pearson
- Sample video: What To Look For by Alex Lawson
- Sample video: Math Solutions Number Talks 2 2 Addition 16+15
- Tweet from the Ministry Anne @mcneillanne