In this second session, teachers will continue to build their capacity to facilitate problem based learning in their classrooms and engage students in addressing a relevant social or environmental issue. This session focuses on how to build in cross curricular tasks while meeting curriculum expectations in multiple strands. This webinar is relevant to teachers of all grades and subject areas. A planning template will be provided along with links to online resources.
Feb. 21 – Part 1 will focus on developing a research question and an action plan. Register here for Part 1.
March 20 – Part 2 will focus on building cross curricular tasks in and assessment.
Presenter: Jennifer Kranenburg
Audience: K-Gr. 12
- Jennifer’s Email: Jennifer.Kranenburg@lkdsb.net
- Jennifer on Twitter: @jennkranenburg
- Link to Jenn’s OTF Connects Webinar – Part 1
- Jennifer’s Talks at TEDx Chatham Kent – Meet the Game Changers and Food for Thought
- Google Doc for Curriculum Connections Comments for Gr. 2-3 Math
- Gr. 1-8 Language Curriculum
- Food Bank Survey
- Monarch Butterfly Activity
- Challenge Based Learning in the Elementary Classroom by Sharon Drummond and Jennifer Kranenburg
- Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat; Problem Based Learning in Mathematics
- Student Achievement Division; Project Based Learning, Drawing on Best Practices in Project Management
- 21st Century Competencies; Foundation Document for Discussion
- Planning Template