In this session participants will explore curriculum connections to the popular game Minecraft. Do you have access to technology? iPads, PCs, Windows tablets? All of these devices are capable of playing the game. Together, we will explore how to get set up so your students can begin creating content to support our curriculum. Curriculum connections will be demonstrated in the following areas: numeracy, literacy, science, art, history and geography.
- Find Brian online: Twitter @mraspinall, website
- What is computational thinking?
- Jeannette Wing on Computational Thinking
- Minecraft math – patterns and algebra
- Spatial reasoning
- Giving kids a voice
- Can you identify the pattern rule?
- EduGAINS – changing the shape of the load (pdf)
- Seymour Papert’s Mathland
- Jim Pedrech
- Getting started: